About Me

My photo
Norma: I am a single mom and I have a one child. Love to live here in Winnipeg. Dyna May : I am single and looking for a boyfriend..just kidding.. Fhed: I came here with my family and i have two kids. Love to be here in Herzing. So cool... Manisha: Came here with my family for almost two years and love to live in Winnipeg. Nene: I am a single mom with one child

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Brian Sinclair Case

I don’t feel this is an accurate portrayal of our Canadian Health Care System. The purpose of the health care system is to diagnose, treat and cure illnesses.  I believe what happen to Brian is an issue of under-staffing and improper communication.  If only they are not under-staffed everybody who goes to the ER can be treated right away.
I don’t feel there’s a race issue here. Brian was hospitalized and treated for a similar infection last March 2008. Because he was at that hospital most of the times, maybe the triage nurse thinks that his case was not that serious and there are other urgent patients that have to be seen before him. And what happen to Brian that he was not treated right away is merely happening to all Canadians not only for the Aboriginals.
Being in ER for 34 hours is such a big issue, they should have seen and resolved that kind of problems before. They should have asked or check all the patients every hour .If they are lacking of nurses, they should have add more nurses so that everyone who comes to ER should be treated right away. And for the financial awards for the family, I don’t think that it will help the family. In the first place they should have been there to support Brian physically and emotionally. How could they let a legless man went to ER by himself.

2 comments:

  1. Very well said!!!.
    I agree with the under staffing and improper communication is a big cause in Sinclair's case. It's a matter of time in a life or death situation to get a medical attention needed by anybody.

    BERNICE CRYSTEL BARE PORLET

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a result of an improper communication in the hospital an issue or tragedy that can be avoided.

    Alexander Sison

    ReplyDelete