About Me

My photo
Norma: I am a single mom and I have a one child. Love to live here in Winnipeg. Dyna May : I am single and looking for a boyfriend..just kidding.. Fhed: I came here with my family and i have two kids. Love to be here in Herzing. So cool... Manisha: Came here with my family for almost two years and love to live in Winnipeg. Nene: I am a single mom with one child

Friday, November 19, 2010

Brian Sinclair Case

Canada's National Health Insurance Program often referred to as "Medicare" is designed to ensure that all residents have reasonable access to medically, necessary hospital and physician services on a pre-paid basis. As of Brian Sinclair's case, I believe that there was a failure in providing him an example of Canadian Health Care System. He was found dead at the Emergency Room after waiting 34 hours to be medicated by the health care professionals of the Health Science Centre. He was diagnosed of having a bladder infection in the walk-in clinic that he visited before he went to the hospital. All he needed was some antibiotics and a change of catheter yet, the health professionals from Health Science Centre wasn`t able to give it to him.

I certainly feel that there is a race issue in the incident that happened to Brian Sinclair. I heard a story about some hospitals which encounters aboriginal people with no shelter and stays at their facility to get some food or stays there for comfort. If you would think of what possibly happened, the health care providers might think that Brian Sinclair is just a simple aboriginal who needs comfort and not a patient suffering from a disease.

It is firmly unfair for Brian Sinclair to die in a health care facility after waiting for 34 hours to be medicated. On the other hand, his family could also be blamed because they knew that one of their family members is sick yet they didn`t have much time to be with him in his time of needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment